Sunday 15 February 2009

tweet, tweet

Ooops!! There appears to have been somewhat of a hiatus since my last post. Now, I could cop out here and blame the snow (last seen over a week ago) but that would be unfair of me.

The cause of my temporary disappearance? Well, I've kind of become sucked into the world of Twitter (www.twitter.com). To be more specific I've been trying out TweetDeck - a Twitter-friendly application - (www.tweetdeck.com) The authors of TweetDeck say that "it [TweetDeck] aims to evolve the existing functionality of Twitter by taking an abundance of information i.e twitter feeds, and breaking it down into more manageable bite sized pieces." So there you go. It takes a little while to get to grips with TweetDeck but it is a versatile bit of kit and is quite customisable so you feel that you can really make it your own. One of the features I like best is that you can set it to remember your Twitter login details so you directly access your Twitter account on application startup.

In the last week or so I've found a number of (UK) celebs regularly tweeting - Stephen Fry, Jonathan Ross, Phillip Schofield, Rob Brydon to name but a few. Its also an amazing resource to make contact with others sharing the same interests through the simple but powerful search engine.

It is also possible to post links to photos uploaded to sites such as TwitPic (www.twitpic.com) whereby you login using your Twitter account, upload your photo and your Twitter status is automatically updated with a link to the photo. All very clever stuff.

So, if you feel tempted to see what all the fuss is about, come along to my Twitter page www.twitter.com/chellebab and say 'Hi'.

No comments:

Post a Comment